Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Newcomer

As I mentioned in my last post, Thanksgiving this year brought a special guest.

The last couple of months have been crazy. That is really the absolute only way I can explain it. The timing hasn't necessarily been what I would have preferred or expected, but the end result is that I am experiencing a completely new sense of happiness, calmness, and excitement than I ever had before.

Meet Brandon.


I could go on and on about what an incredible man of God Brandon is and how he is passionate about his family, friends, faith, and work.....but the short of the story is that Brandon and I have begun to get to eachother and eachother's families in an intentional manner.

The challenge = Brandon lives in Minnesota, I live in Michigan

How then did we meet? You might remember my friend Jess, who I have mentioned before. Brandon is actually one of Jess' husband's best friends. We had met occasionally during the time Jess and Rob were living in Michigan, but during those times we were both in different relationships. This fall, everything kindof clicked into place and we started talking - a lot!

To be honest, I was nervous. Nervous that I was jumping into something too quickly after ending things with Justin, nervous about dating someone long distance, etc. On the other hand, I was amazed at the connections Brandon and I shared in our values, goals, beliefs, thoughts, etc. 

And so the flights began. We are blessed in that Brandon's mom works for the airlines so we can both fly standby. This has given Brandon the chance to come out to Michigan for several short visits - however for Thanksgiving he was able to stay for several days, which was really nice. 


Thanksgiving Dinner


I would have to say that one of my favorite parts of the trip occurred during Thanksgiving itself. During his last few visits, my grandpa and dad had been teasing Brandon that they were going to have a background check done on Brandon. Brandon actually had a report done on him for work this past summer. So as we all sat around after finishing the meal, Brandon presented my dad, grandpa, and brother with a 47-page background check on himself! Let's just say he won a couple of points all around :)

Up next = I fly to Minnesota for Christmas to spend some time with Brandon's family.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, Julianne. I am completely blown away. But very happy to see you so happy and excited. God be with you and Brandon and grant you wisdom. Know my thoughts and prayers will be with you as you embark on this next step of your journey.

    Love you, friend.
    ((hugs))

    -nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news that God has brought someone new into your life. My husband and I lived 400 miles away from each other until we got married. Everyone thought we were crazy because we hadn't even lived in the same state before we got married. But when it is right, it is right. Plus, more intentional time together over the phone, email, or short visits, make it easy to get to know the other person on a deeper level than if you spend all your time together.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! How exciting :-) I'm so happy for you and Brandon! What a great example of God's perfect timing.

    xoxo Miss ALK

    ReplyDelete