Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Obligatory Thanksgiving Post


I truly do have so many things to be thankful for this year. It has been a year full of ups and downs and many changes that I never expected, but in the mix of it all I have drawn closer to God and realized his blessings on an even greater level.

1. I am thankful for my family. For their caring hearts and commitment towards one another. We may not always be the best communicators, but we genuinely try, and the last years has particularly demonstrated that when things get tough we stick together.

2. I am thankful for new life. In a little over a month a new family member will join our mix. Many prayers have been offered up for his life and for the ability for my brother and his wife to be able to have children. Last year at this time there were alot of questions about what lied ahead in the future of their family - this year we are all eagerly anticipating the opportunity to embrace and love a new little boy into our family!

3. I am thankful for my church family. Due to the circumstances of the last couple of months I had been trying out other local churches. Last week I decided it was time to return to my home church and I was welcomed with open and loving arms. Big churches may have the advantage of drawing in strong pastors and talented worship leaders, but I would never choose that over the incredible community of my smaller home church.

4. I am thankful that my Grandma and Grandpa TM are celebrating this Thanksgiving and Christmas in the arms of our loving Savior - and the fact that they were able to enter his kingdom together this year. Although the last several months have been difficult, there have been many many times that someone in our family has commented that we are so grateful they were both taken on the same day, and how much sadder it would have been if today we were caring for one or the other of them who was lonely and missing their partner's companionship.



And last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for a very special guest who is joining my family for the Thanksgiving holidays with the purpose of getting to know me and my family better. God can work in incredible and often surprising ways, but more on that later! :)

1 comment:

  1. I just finished my Thanksgiving post as well! Those are some great things to be thankful for. And that last one sounds quite intriguing! ;-)

    xoxo Miss ALK

    ReplyDelete