Friday, March 1, 2013

A Day to Remember

At times I catch myself reflecting back on where I am today and how I got here. Today has been one of those days.


On March 1, 2012 I attended a birthday slumber party for my friend Jess (yes we are all in our mid-to-late-20s but who says you have to stop those nights of late night talks, eating way too much, laughing like crazy, and taking ridiculous pictures that are oh-so-amusing in the moment but oh-so-embarassing later on!). Jess’ husband was in Washington D.C. for a work conference and we simply couldn’t leave a friend alone on her birthday!
About 11 p.m. Jess got a birthday call from her husband and his friend Brandon (who had flown in to visit other family and friends in the area and spend some time with Rob in-between his work events). Prior to the call I had been jokingly texting Rob from Jess’ phone as Jess (follow that?) however, I didn’t realize until the end of the texting conversation that I was actually texting Brandon (who had grabbed Rob’s phone and pretending to text as him). Once we realized that neither of us was texting with who we thought we were a call was made and laughs and joking introductions were made over the speakerphone. I didn’t think anything of it, other than noting that this guy seemed nice and he was an attorney.
4 months later Brandon flew out to visit Rob and Jess before they moved back to Minnesota (well really he came to see a Tiger’s game…).
About 3 months later we started dating.
Today, I truly cannot imagine what my life would be like without him….


3 comments:

  1. Awwww! What a cute story and such a beautiful picture! God has the most amazing timing! :-) May your love story continue to grow!

    xoxo Miss ALK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have friends who met over the internet and later ended up together but this is the first time I've known someone to meet over text :) Anyway, awesome story and I love that picture...you look so very happy.

    Hugs,
    nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... I am a sucker for love stories!! I wish you all the best!! You look so happy

    ReplyDelete