Saturday, March 30, 2013

Catch-up


“We never grow closer to God when we just live life. It takes deliberate pursuit and attentiveness.”
Francis Chan

The other day I mentioned to Brandon that even though nothing really out of the ordinary has been happening, I am in a season where I feel so blessed. After seemingly many seasons where I feel like life was an uphill battle it is so pleasant to be in a place where I feel rested, rejuvenated, and happy. Although I am about to enter what will arguably be one of the most stressful times (as I graduate and prepare for the BAR) I truly feel peace. My days have been busy, but purposeful and I’ve relished the opportunity to spend time building relationships.

Some of those special relationships have included…. (I apologize for my poor phone quality pictures....)


Spending time with these precious girlies! I do love my Friday night babysitting dates which usually involve nail polish, dolls, piles of books, and amazing imaginative play.


Watching this little man grow! Actually, since I’ve been out of town the last couple of weeks I haven’t had nearly enough opportunities to see him lately - thankfullly that will change this weekend though! (Although he is no longer the youngest member of our extended family as my cousin gave birth to her first child, a little girl on Friday – welcome to the family Remmington (Remmi) Jayne!)


Brandon and I took a short whirlwind trip to Chicago to see one of my favorite people – Stacie Mae! Brandon hadn’t met Stacie or her husband yet so we spent a couple of hours catching up with them and then headed to the other side of the city to spend time with one of Brandon’s best friends and his wife and their new daughter. Throw in afternoon appetizers with some of Brandon’s collegues (his company headquarters are in Chicago) and we felt like we talked for 24 hours straight! But so worth it :)





I found that Brandon and I "road-trip" by him driving, me pulling out snacks every 20 minutes, me notoriously falling asleep in the middle of a conversation, listening to the Les Mis soundtrack a good couple of times, and him pointing out all of the places he has ever been, heard-of, knows a fact about, or likes the name of (i.e. he is a mega G.K. Chesterton fan - thus the pic above).

Recent life is also finally changing from days looking like this....



....the endless grey and gloom of a Michigan March (and my school!), to days where the sun is finally shining and I've been able to break out some of my spring skirts! (ignore the escalator....this was an accidental picture that actually proved useful)



And what is a better way to cap off a good month than with Holy Week?

He is Risen!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. That picture of you and your nieces is adorable, Isaac is getting so big, and yay for sunny spring days! It's been beautiful recently...such a nice change. Can't wait until it's warm enough to pack away jeans and yoga pants and bring out frilly skirts and sundresses.

    Hugs,
    nana

    ReplyDelete