Sunday, April 7, 2013

He Asked - I Said YES!

I have found the one whom my soul loves.
Song of Solomon 3:4


On Friday April 5, 2013 at approximately 11 a.m. this incredible man asked me to be his wife. It was absolutely the easiest decision of my life! 

Frequently asked question #1: How did he do it?

Well, lets just say not in any way I ever imagined, but it was perfect! About 2 weeks ago Brandon and my dad went out together and it became pretty obvious that Brandon had asked for my dad's blessing. Given that we live 4 states apart and our visits are scheduled ahead of time, I knew Brandon only had certain opportunities to propose, and was fairly certain this weekend would be it.



I've mentioned before that Brandon flies stand-by given his mom's job with the airport, consequently we never really know what flight he will be able to catch when he comes for a visit. We generally have a pretty good estimate a couple of days before though. On Wednesday night Brandon told me that there was no way he was going to make it to Michigan on his typical Friday night flight. I was disappointed and we talked about whether or not there was a possibility he could get on a flight earlier on Friday or even Thursday night. There didn't seem to be any chance. It looked like he would fly in early Saturday morning for our weekend visit.

So Friday morning I woke up for my typical Friday routine. Friday is the only day of the week where I don't have class or work, so it is typically my hit-the-books day and catch up on house chores. I got up, showered, and sat down to study in my sweats, bathrobe, and wet hair (note I had no make-up on either - genuine natural Julianne :)).

Just before 11 I got up and started to dry my hair....only to hear the doorbell ring. I headed down the stairs and saw someone standing with a bunch of roses on my parents front porch. At first I thought Brandon had sent me some flowers, but quickly realized that the man holding the flowers was Brandon!

I opened the door completely shocked?! What? How did you get here? Aren't you supposed to be at work? How did you get to my house? Do my parents know about this?

Brandon simply stepped inside and swept me into a hug - "I just couldn't wait another day to see you!" he said! Then he said "And I can't wait another moment to ask you. Will you let me honor you as your husband?" (As he knelt down on one knee and proceeded to open an upside-down ring box!) I didn't even respond - I truly was completely shocked that he had managed to surprise me! After giving him a kiss he told me those words we waited so long to exchange - "I love you," then he asked if my response was a yes? 

My answer was a resounding "yes" followed quickly by, "I haven't even brushed my teeth yet?!!" He just smiled and put the most gorgeous diamond ring on my finger.



Frequently asked question #2: Do you have a date?

It looks like we do! We are down to 2 reception halls, but it looks like we will be married either January 4 or 11, 2014! Although we would love to do it even sooner, studying for the BAR complicates things just a little bit more.....

After telling our family Brandon took me to dinner at one of the most romantic restaurants in downtown Detroit - housed in an old Victorian mansion. Celebrating with family and spreading the news was great, but it was so nice to take a couple of hours to step away from the building chaos and reflect on the beginning of our new life together as husband and wife! We've spent the rest of this weekend celebrating with friends and family and starting to make wedding plans.

I am so happy! I am SO blessed. And just to be clear....I am SO in love with this incredible man and cannot wait to be his wife.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Congrats congrats congrats CONGRATS!!! I am sooooo happy for you Julianne! Brandon seems like an amazing guy and your love story is an inspiration! I can't wait to see future posts about wedding planning. :-) Blessings to you both during this very special time!

    xoxo Miss ALK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am so happy for you girly. I have been reading your blog for a while now, so to see you getting engaged is so exsiting. Brandon sounds like an awesome guy.

    Congratulations to you both!
    Blessings,
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Julianne!!! I am so very happy for you and Brandon, and pray that the Lord will bless your marriage, as I know He will. I must also mention that your ring is gorgeous!
    Thank you for sharing the wonderful news with us!

    Love In Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goshgoodnessgracious! My heart literally skipped a beat when I saw this post on my dashboard. I saw your G+ post and thought, "Hmmm...wonder if that's a hint..." and then clicked over to blogger to look for something else and there was your post and it was and you're getting married to a wonderful guy and your story made me cry and you look beautiful even if your teeth weren't brushed and you guys are beautiful and happy and oh my goshgoodnessgracious he got down on one knee and I was expecting it but not for a few months and you're getting married and I'm going to be walking around with a huge smile for days. And I thought all that in two seconds :P

    Julianne, you guys are incredible. It was great to watch your relationship as you met and dated and I can't wait to see you as a inspiring engaged couple. My best to you both! Together you guys are going to do amazing things for God.

    Many, many great big Italian hugs to my ENGAGED friend!

    Love ya,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAHH! SO excited for you! Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Julianne!! It looks like the Lord has brought you an amazing man. Many blessings as you prepare for life together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting. What a truly romantic proposal! So happy for you~

    Time will fly by as you keep busy with planning and studying but oh what a wonderful way to keep busy :-)

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What a wonderful story, thank you for sharing! God bless you both in this new journey. Beautiful photos and beautiful ring too! Hopefully you keep blogging all the fun plans in the coming months, because I love reading about fun wedding stuff:)

    ReplyDelete