Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pinterest Success

I've had recipes piling up on my pinterest board for awhile now. This past week I really got in the mood for something different and ended up trying 3 new recipes in a 3 day span - and all of them were winners!

Day 1 - PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps

I've seen numerous recipes for these type of wraps all over the place. I picked this recipe up from my friend Jess and it was delicious. To stretch the meat a little farther and add a bit more variety I also added chickpeas and peanuts to the mix.

Biggest negative = the lettuce leaves I had (Bibb/butter lettuce) were fairly small and difficult to eat the wraps with. I like the texture of butter lettuce in a wrap form, but I think next time I'll either try romaine or look for a bigger head of butter lettuce.

Day 2 - Spicy Thai Noodles

I love this blogger's healthy fried rice, so I thought I'd try something else from her site. The noodles were delicious and spicy! I took the recipes advice and only did about 1 TBSP of red pepper flakes and that was plenty for my family. Going vegetarian is always a nice mix, but I think you could easily add chicken or shrimp to this dish and make it a little heartier. Brandon loved this dish, which I was a little surprised with because I thought it might be a hit or miss...but it is always nice to find new dishes to surprise him with!


Day 3 - Shrimp, Zucchini, & Pesto Angel Hair Pasta

This dish was Brandon's request. Not only was it delicious, but it was also great because it was super simple to make and required ingredients I already typically have around the house!



2 comments:

  1. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm those spicy Thai noodles look delicious! I love anything spicy so perhaps I'll have to try making that dish sometime this summer. :-) Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo Miss ALK
    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go trying out those Pinterest recipes. I am so guilty of pinning and never actually getting around to making them :) All these recipes sounds delicious...will def be trying out the Thai noodles and lettuce wraps.

    ReplyDelete