Monday, May 20, 2013

Meet My Ladies

One of the things I am most excited about the wedding is the incredible women who will be standing up for me and helping with the wedding day (of course we have some incredible men participating as well :)).

So without further ado....

Matron of Honor: Jessica - Jess has become one of my dearest and sweetest friends. We met when I moved back to metro-Detroit to attend law school and Jess married her husband and moved from Minnesota to join him in Michigan. Most notably, Jess and her husband (who is standing up for Brandon) are the ones responsible for introducing Brandon and me! Jess is the one who can make me laugh the hardest, who I never run out of things to talk about with, and who has been an incredible example of what it means to be a godly wife.




Bridesmaids:

Kirsten: Kirsten is my oldest (time-wise) friend. We met in Sunday school around the age of 6 - and continue to cause just a little mischief together over the next several years. I like to attribute the success of our friendship partially to the fact that we balance eachother out so well - i.e. Kirsten can dance and has rhythm (I don't), Kirsten can sing (I can lip sync). The challenges and celebrations Kirsten and I have experienced over the last several years have only brought us closer together - in fact, it was Kirsten who convinced me that marrying an older man was a good idea!



Stacie: Stacie and I met in 2006 during our freshman year at college. Really, the credit for their friendship can be traced back to our brothers who were friends and had sent us both to school with instructions to keep an eye out for each other. Stacie is the friend who has always challenged me to step out of my box and enjoy the little things - like extra sprinkles, a walk around the block, and an extra hard workout. She is truly one of the kindest, most sincere women I have ever met. 



Allison: Allie is married to my brother Todd and my SIL. Although considering Allie has been a part of my life for more years than she hasn't, the "in-law" part is really just a formality. Allie was one of the first people to know that I was falling for a man 4 states away and encouraged me that I wasn't too crazy! Allie is also the incredible mom of my first nephew, Isaac.



Heidi: Heidi is married to my oldest brother Nate. Like Allie, Heidi has been an integral part of my life since middle school. Heidi (who is a Minnesota native like Brandon)  has taught me about the art of couponing (although I am no where near as good as she is) and the incredible blessings that come with multi-racial adoption. Heidi is also the amazingly creative, hardworking mom to my 2 very energetic nieces!

Holly: Holly is Brandon's older sister and my soon to be sister-in-law. Before we ever met, I had heard countless stories about Holly and the influence she had on Brandon. Holly and her family live in Maryland and I had the chance to get to know her over Christmas, and then again during my spring break when Brandon and I spent several days visiting Holly in Baltimore. Holly is the mother of 2-year-old Gianna and a baby boy due any day!


Flower Girls

Sasha: Sasha will always have a special place in my heart because she made me an aunt 6 years ago! Sasha loves all things art and has recently mastered kindergarten (in fact, Brandon and I think her quick wits and strong debate skills might put her in line to be the next family lawyer....). Sasha has been eagerly anticipating the day when she finally gets to be flower girl!



Alexis: Lexi is my purple-loving, shoe-obsessed, 4-year-old niece. she recently decided that she is not afraid of Brandon anymore and might even dance with him at the wedding. Most of all, Lexi is a true bundle of joy with an award-winning smile and big brown eyes that will melt your heart!

Gianna: 2-year-old Gianna is full of sweetness. She shares her Uncle Brandon's love of music and although she will be our tiniest flower girl, she is full of excitement and personality. Gianna blew me away when she mastered saying my full name before she even turned 2!



Wedding Coordinator/Personal Assistant: Amanda - Amanda and I have been friends since we met at church in 7th grade. I am SO grateful she agreed to help with the wedding process as she is one of the only people I truly trust to execute things in the same detail-obsessed manner that I would :)

Mistress of Ceremonies: Jamie - Jamie and her husband Paul are going to be our Master and Mistress of ceremonies. I met Jamie through Brandon's friendship with her husband Paul and she has become one of my new favorite people! Jamie has a wonderfully welcoming and cheerful spirit.



Marriage Counseling: Melissa - Melissa has been one of the most important people in my life since my early high school years when she became my mentor. Just this past weekend Melissa's husband Justin (my former youth pastor) agreed to marry Brandon and me, and over the next several moths they will also be doing our pre-marital counseling. Justin and Melissa have one of the most beautiful marriage relationships and are incredible parents to their 4 young children. Brandon and I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to learn from them as we begin our lives as husband and wife.

The two most important women who will be by my side are of course my mom and my future mother-in-law. But they deserve a post all of their own, so I'll save that for another day!

3 comments:

  1. Aww! How lucky you are to have so many sweet friends and family members! Can't wait to see what their dresses will look like! ;-)

    xoxo Miss ALK
    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol the dresses are easier said than done! That is one of the things I am most anxious about right now...mostly because everything I look at is ugly, expensive, or inappropriate!

      Delete
  2. Your wedding is going to be so beautiful, Julianne! I can't wait to see photos of your big day with Brandon! :)

    ReplyDelete