Monday, September 23, 2013

A Little Pink and Lace


For the last 5 or so years I have attended a fair share of bachelorette parties. They have come in all shapes and sizes and some have been more memorable than others (think a triple bachelorette party where the 3 brides were also each others maid of honors and were getting married within 6 weeks of eachother!, or one that was entirely Wizard of Oz themed). I have helped planned and execute several of them, but a few weeks I found myself on the other side of things as a few very special ladies threw me a party.


It truly was the perfect night - nothing crazy, just some special time with some of my closest friends (and a lot of great food!). We started out the night with some wine tasting and food - then headed to a painting class (which one of the girls claimed was more relaxing than a massage) - then back to the apartment for more food, dessert, lots of talking, and some fun presents :)



One of the best parts was that almost all my bridesmaids were able to be there and several ladies flew in from out of town for the event! I loved having all my girls together and allowing them to get to know each other before the wedding!

Another highlight was a movie my maid of honor had put together with Brandon. She had asked Brandon a series of questions. For everyone where I correctly guessed his answer I got to open a present, but if I got it wrong we moved onto another question. I would guess that I got a little over 1/2 right....although plenty of teasing and debate occurred over the next couple days as to what he should have said!

Wine tasting! Aren't these bottle covers adorable?!

Decorations....and the apartment kitchen! We kicked Brandon out of the apartment for the night and he went to hang out with my brother and some of the husbands/boyfriends of the other girls.

Kirsten flew in from New York!

Jess (my MOH) and my SIL Allie were the masterminds behind the party.

Libby - a local friend from church and high school.

Stacie came up from Indiana!

Working on my "masterpiece." Seriously - if you have one of these places near you I would highly recommend it! It was a lot of fun and neat to see how all of us followed the same instructions but came up with totally different pictures.



I feel so blessed to have such amazing women in my life! 

1 comment:

  1. What a creative idea for a Bachelorette party! So glad that you had a wonderful time with the special women in your life. And everyone's pictures came out beautifully! :-)

    xoxo A

    ReplyDelete