Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Henry Owl


Recently I posted about my weekend spent with the Wachter family. Today I'd like to mention an extra special ministry their oldest daughter Kaitlin has begun...

In 2012 Kaitlin opened up her business, A Stitch In Lives, to raise money for missionaries around the world. Throughout the year, 50% of the profits from her bags, jewelry, and other creations, go towards missions.

One of the items Kaitlin offers in her store is an adorable stuffed owl dubbed the "Henry Owl" (after the youngest Wachter). Addison (nicknamed Henry) was born at the end of April. Soon after his birth, Addison was diagnosed with Down Syndrome. After his birth Kaitlin decided to donate any proceeds from the Henry Owl to her local town's annual Down Syndrome Buddy Walk hosted by F.R.I.E.N.D.S of Fredrick County, MD. All of the proceeds raised for the Buddy Walk go directly to bettering the lives of people with Down Syndrome. This years' funds will go towards educational resources, scholarships, and hosting camp I Can Shine. You can read more about the camp and the Wachter's hopes for Addison's future at Kathleen's blog.

The owl pictured below is my custom owl that I ordered from Kaitlin as a baby gift for my friend Jess. Within only a few days of contacting Kaitlin she had sent me a test picture comparing fabric color/choices, created my adorable owl, and had it on my doorstep within a week! The craftsmanship is excellent and I love knowing that my money is not only going towards an adorable gift, but also towards an incredible cause.


I want to highly encourage you to check out Kaitlin's work and considering purchasing your own Henry owl in support of the Down Syndrome community!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting about Shades of Grey! When someone buys one, and I have to pack it up and ship it out, it's like saying goodbye to your baby. It makes it easier knowing that someone will love it!

    Much love, and miss you,
    Kaitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so adorable! We love owls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BlueHost is ultimately one of the best web-hosting provider with plans for all of your hosting requirements.

    ReplyDelete