Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Just Around the Corner

Have I mentioned how much I love living in the same state as Brandon? In the same city? Off the same major street? Only a 10 minute drive away from one another rather than a 10 hour day?

While I know living together will be infinitely better, right now I'm just basking in the fact that I get to see him 6 days a week (minus Thursdays when I have orchestra practice after work on the other side of town...).

While wedding planning has taken up a lot of our time, it's been nice to get into more of a routine together - dinners together, church together, trying out some new hobbies, talking to each other face-to-face each day....

Poor Brandon works from his apartment everyday so we do try and get him out of the house at least once a day (i.e. I volunteer him for wedding errands :)), but other than that and missing his friends and family he has adjusted well and we've both enjoyed the chance to get to spend some more time with my family.

We get asked a lot about our future plans - what happens next year? Where will we be?

It's a hard question. 

Our general plan has always been to return to Minnesota. We both love the Twin Cities and think it is a great place to raise a family. We love the family and friends we have there and there are generally more legal opportunities there than in metro Detroit.

This is hard for me. I am very close to my family and I would love to live close to them. But I knew from the beginning that I was dating a Minnesota man, and as important as my family is to me, I realize that Brandon and I are our own family - and I will happily follow him to the ends of the Earth :)

Even more importantly we came to the realization early on in our relationship that we don't want to be the ones to lead our lives. We don't want to be irresponsible, but we want to live lives that are open to and actively seek God's direction. Do we plan on going back to Minneapolis next fall? Yes. Could we end up feeling called to stay in Detroit or move somewhere completely different? Absolutely.

And so we live day-by-day....or year-by-year for now! We know we will be in metro-Detroit until next September, and after that we are excited to see where God leads us!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. I definitely know how you feel! My husband and I lived 7 hours away from each other until we got married, and it was like heaven when we finally got to see each other every day! And can I just say how lucky you are to have a man who is nearby to help with the wedding planning? Being far apart meant that I ended up doing most of it myself for my wedding.
    I am a planner and love to know what the future may hold. That doesn't coincide with my God-lead faith! Great that you guys are going to allow God to move you both wherever you should go. HIS way is always the best way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so uplifting. Love coming here!

    ReplyDelete