Friday, October 25, 2013

Michigan Shower Take 1


Our first Michigan shower was hosted by some dear family friends. Sue is a hostess extrodinaire and we were certainly spoiled by the beautiful decorations and delicious food. This shower was also a couples shower (are other people finding this to be more the norm as well?) and we were blessed that Brandon's parents were able to fly in to meet some of our Michigan friends.

I'm pretty sure Brandon's favorite part of the shower was the food though :) Sue found out that Brandon and I are big fans of Indian food (Brandon got me hooked) and she made a delicious meal of several of our favorite dishes!

We also had some very special servers at the shower - the Senior Pastor at my church and his wife! They did a great job!

Pastor Ken

Laurie (Pastor Ken's wife) and our hostess Sue
Listening to a beautiful devotion Sue gave based on Ann Voskamp's "One Thousand Gifts."

Some of my siblings - Heidi, Nathan, and Todd

The absolutely gorgeous cupcakes!

Opening presents (excuse the dark pictures, the raspberry walls made photos a little tricky) - once again we were abundantly blessed! I'm pretty sure Brandon got the most excited about the homemade oreos someone made us, but I fell in love with our rice cooker extrodinaire!

Sue is also an amazing quilter. For our gift she made us this gorgeous Christmas tree skirt! I told Brandon we might have to get a tree this year just so we can use this! (or put it around the plant he has in the apartment :))

My man

Part of the decocrations included these giant photos of Brandon and me! It is always strange to walk into someone else's house and see all these pictures of yourself....

So blessed that both sets of parents were able to join us for this day! The next time we will all be together again will be JANUARY!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm Indian food is my favorite! What a yummy idea for shower food. Looks like you have gotten some wonderful gifts at your showers!

    xoxo A

    ReplyDelete
  2. BlueHost is ultimately the best hosting company for any hosting plans you might need.

    ReplyDelete