Monday, January 27, 2014

Don't Blink

Everyone seemed to tell me that the wedding would be over before I knew it. 

And it was :)

Unfortunately, they forgot to remind me that I should really soak up the sun on the honeymoon, because being from the Midwest and getting married in January means returning from a tropical honeymoon really hits you hard! Especially this year! So cold...


Truly, I wouldn't change a thing about the wedding. There were a few hiccups, but all the important people made it, we didn't get a blizzard, and no one got sick (except for the best man, but at least he made it through his toast!). The unity candle didn't light, so we improvised, Brandon would probably claim that he didn't get to eat as much as he would have liked, and both of us would have loved for the reception to last a week so we could truly spend time with our guests. But all things considered, it was a pretty perfect day.

And the best part - it is just the beginning!


I love being a wife. I love waking up each morning and seeing the man I waited my whole life for. A man, who in the brief time we have been married, has already demonstrated his love for me and pursuit of our one-ness. 


Our whole goal behind the wedding was to create a ceremony where people felt the presence of God in our relationship and where the covenant of marriage was made clear. I think, I hope, we accomplished that. Because of everything that I loved about that day and that I love about every day I wake up as Brandon's wife, is knowing that our marriage is built on such a firm foundation.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness those pictures are stunning! :-) Cannot wait to see more!

    Stay warm this week!! It is going to be very chilly even in the South- we're actually supposed to get snow tomorrow- eeek!

    xoxo A

    ReplyDelete
  2. how beautiful!! so where was your honeymoon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. Thanks for a little glimpse into your honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete