Monday, March 17, 2014

You "Do" Too?

Brandon and I headed to MN this weekend for a much needed visit with friends and family, and to attend our first wedding together as husband and wife!

I loved weddings before I was married, but I love them even more now that I have a husband by my side. Perhaps it's because our own wedding was just 2 months ago, but B and I both caught ourselves tearing up at the vows (which we both cried through saying on our wedding day!)

But since we're on a budget, we started this weekend adventure on Friday, when we drove to a hotel an hour away to prep to get up at 4 a.m the next morning for our flight out. Yes, staying at a hotel and parking our car at the airport was still cheaper than flying out of the airport closer to our house. Thanks to 3 hockey teams staying in the same hotel, we both managed to get about 3 hours of sleep before we were up again. Have I mentioned I am not a morning person? And that B loves to have deep conversations as soon as he wakes up? Even at 4 am?

We touched down in MN just after 6 am and spent our early hours at a coffee shop before we met friends for breakfast. B started out with a light appetizer....


(Chips, salsa, and fresh squeezes OJ) Before following it up with eggs, bacon, fried potatos and toast. We had been up for 6 hours by now...

The day flew by and before we knew it we were headed to the wedding - a fabulously unique event where the bride looked beautiful and carried a bouquet made of broaches collected from family members, where the ceremony was held in a pasta bar and the reception at a theater, and where I completely gorged myself on coconut shrimp and peanut butter chocolate pops.


The beautiful bride.


Piper's first wedding. She was completely entranced!




A glimpse of the decorated theater - which has award winning bathrooms (seriously) that make you feel like you've stepped into Alice in Wonderland.


Still getting used to this! :)


Their first dance - how cool is that lighting?!


Me and my man.


And then we tried to take a picture with Piper...


And since no trip is complete without an adventure, we learned your flight can be excessively delayed when the airlines has to track down paperwork for the new seat cushions they just put in. You learn something new everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment