Thursday, May 29, 2014

Baby Love

It's been a baby-lovin kindof weekend.

1. Henry - On Friday Brandon and I headed to Maryland to spend Memorial Day weekend with family and friends. Our first stop was the ever important Wachter household, where we were welcomed with hugs and excitement. Actually, I don't think Brandon even made it inside the house before the boys were taking him to see the chickens, their homemade boats, and running an obstacle course around the back yard. Which was fine by me because it gave me lots of time to catch up with the incredible ladies of the household and cuddle this sweet, amazing little man!




2. Reagan Grace - My SIL has been due any day with her 2nd child. Of course the baby didn't come before we headed out of town (as I oh-so-nicely requested) or wait for us to return. Instead Reagan made her arrival at about 11 p.m. on Friday night! Brandon and I gushed over photos and did some midnight facetiming - but we were finally able to meet our newest niece Tuesday night. I know I'm biased, but she really is the cutest thing! 





3. Mikey - One of our reasons for heading to Maryland this past weekend was that our nephew (and Brandon's godson) was turning 1! My in-laws ending up flying in from Minnesota for the party as well so we had a mini family reunion. Mikey was not so interested in eating his cake as he was into smashing it, and big sister Gianna made sure Michael knew the proper way to open presents.





And just to round things out, another friend welcomed her daughter Saturday morning and 2 friends announced little ones on the way this winter! I guess we've officially reached that stage of life :)

3 comments:

  1. Awww so many cute little ones in your life! :-) How special!

    In my mom's side of the family (which is my family that lives in Maine, where I'm from), I've always been the baby of the family (minus a couple third cousins that are a few years younger then me). But anyways, two of my older cousins who are in their late 20s/early 30s are suddenly having babies! One had a baby last month, and the other is due in early July. We have the baby shower this weekend. It will be so interesting at Christmas this year to suddenly have to little ones in the family, after years of me and my third cousins (who are high school aged now) being the babies! :-)

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO much fun! I love getting to go and cuddle other people's babies. And congrats on becoming an aunt again. I will try not to be envious, as I am a blessed aunt as well, but I am really wanting a niece one of these days :)

    It's funny, I think I've realized at my age that there are two groups of people: those who aren't yet married (or even close to being married), and then there are those who are married and thinking about babies or already have some. It is interesting how the two groups form

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Regan Grace is precious. I can't believe how big Gianna looks now! So glad we could see you all and get some Raatikka hugs. July 4th won't come soon enough for our Michigan fix. Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete