Sunday, May 11, 2014

Oreo Truffles



I brought these incredible chocolate bombs to our family Mother's Day gathering this weekend. They were an instant hit! Beyond their great taste, they have the power to make you look like a decadent chocolatier, without actually requiring much time or skill!

All credit for this recipe goes to my new favorite baking site - Sally Bakes


You will need:

A package of Oreos (you can use any flavor, depending on your tastes)

Baking chocolate (I actually found out that I needed about 3 of the Baker's sized packages)

Cream Cheese (8 oz - softened)

Decorative Sprinkles

1. Crush the entire package of Oreos in your food processor to the point where you have a package of Oreo crumbs.

2. Mix the Oreo crumbs and cream cheese. (I used my stand mixer set to low)

3. Roll the Oreo mixture into small balls and place onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet. (I used my slip mat and it worked great!). Your mixture should yield 30-35 balls. Place the cookie sheet in your freezer for at least 30 minutes.


4. Melt your baking chocolate according to the packaging instructions. To keep the chocolate hot and easy to work with, I melted my chocolate in smaller portions (about enough to cover 10 balls each).


5. Fully coat your frozen truffles with chocolate. 


6. Place your coated truffles back on the cookie sheet and immediately decorate them to your liking.


7. Allow the chocolate covered truffles to set in your refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment