Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Wisdom of Mothers

During a conversation about adjusting to living together as newlyweds....

Mom: Did I ever tell you how I got your dad to pick up his clothes?

Me: no...

Mom: Everyday he would come home from work, take off his clothes, and hang them on the doorknob.

Dad: Until one day there was no doorknob....

Brandon: (looking at my sweet, compliant, thoughtful mother) You didn't!

Mom: I never yelled, got upset, or nagged him. One day I just got out the screwdriver and just took away the option of hanging up his clothes there. Problem solved!




4 comments:

  1. I love this so much! Your mom is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would leave his dirty clothes all around our old apartment instead of carrying them up to the hamper until finally I told him to throw them downstairs into our basement laundry room. Thats where the clothes would end up anyway. Problem solved! Your mom is a smart cookie though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha--Moms are awesome with their unexpected strategic-ness!

    ReplyDelete