Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Welcome to Hotel Brandon


In the months leading up to our wedding, my nieces were constantly asking when I was going to move into Uncle Brandon’s "hotel." Logically his apartment building had lots of people living in close quarters - just like a hotel. We promised them a sleepover after we got married. So this past weekend Brandon donned his suit and played the role of bellboy, chauffeur, and concierge.
 
Well, he didn’t really wear a suit (but he thought about it!).
 
He did however drive a minivan as we shuttled the girls to dance lessons, and planned and participated in various activities (i.e. dandelion picking, Barbies, impromptu dance parties, and frequently appearances by the tickle monster and the groggy monster - who is the in-resident monster who gets a 7 a.m. Sunday morning wake-up call when he’s used to sleeping in until 9).
 
I was there too, but lets face it, I’m old news now that I have a fun husband!
 
We really did have a blast. At (almost) 5 and 7 the girls love imaginative play and are hilarious to watch interact with oneanother. Plus - upon request they brought their copy of Frozen along so Brandon and I could finally get on board with the latest Disney craze. And so I fell asleep asking myself over and over and over again if I wanted to build a snowman, and woke up to my man singing "Let it Go" in the kitchen.
 

This man - is going to make a GREAT dad someday!
 
Ballet class - aka. bar wrestlers
 
We grabbed a pizza dinner with my parents who were babysitting Isaac - nothing like a little cousin time!




1 comment:

  1. You guys are the greatest Aunt and Uncle! Sounds like such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete