Today Brandon and I are celebrating our 6 month anniversary! (yes we are newlyweds and still count the months :) ) In commemoration of this monumentous event, I thought I would document some of the things we’ve accomplished in our first 6 months of marriage.
In the last 6 months we’ve...
- traveled to Minnesota, Illinois, Maryland, Indiana, northern Michigan, Washington D.C., and the Dominican Republic (and driven through a few more states)
- lost 2 loved ones who attended our wedding
- written hundreds of thank-you notes
- celebrated Brandon’s 33rd birthday (he says this is especially monumentous becuase he is now the age Jesus’ was when his ministry really began)
- paid off 2 cars and my undergraduate student loans
- survived the worst Michigan winter in both our lifetimes
- I ran my first 10k and Brandon trained with me and cheered me on
- made our first friends as a “couple”
- became an aunt and uncle for the 6th time
- started and gave up on a 1,000 piece puzzle
- broke 1 complete set of our wedding dishes
- took dozens of walks around our cute little town
- learned to like green beans (Brandon)
- attended our first wedding together as a married couple
- acquired a new middle and last name (Julianne)
- laughed often
- cried together
- fell more deeply in love than ever before
We are both optimistic that this is only the beginning of something truly great!