Monday, September 1, 2014

Life with Miss. R

This past weekend our little household expanded by 1! A few weeks ago my brother and sister-in-law mentioned they had to be out of town for a wedding and asked us if we would mind watching their 3-month-old daughter. Not sure of how....ready Brandon would be for a full-time infant, I initially replied that I thought we might be able to take her part of the time. Brandon however quickly piped up that we would be happy to have Reagan for the whole time!


We had a blast! This little girl is such a gem - seriously the most perfect baby. She sleeps like a dream, eats like a champ, and spends any awake time sharing her coos and smiles with the world.


Aside getting the chance to have some extra bonding time with our little princess, I loved watching Brandon with a baby. Reagan has reached the age where he is pretty confident that he won't break her anymore, so he welcomed the chance to snuggle with her and by the end of the weekend was serenading her with his guitar and whispering "I love you" in her ear. I think he was hooked :)


In just a few short weeks we will be moving out of state. Without a doubt, the number one thing we will miss about Michigan is spending time with my family. We are committed to staying involved in our nieces and nephews lives and welcome opportunities like these to spend a little extra one-on-one time.

"Children will not remember you for the material things, but for the feeling that you cherished them."
Richard L. Evans

Right before her parents were about to arrive home we were sitting on the couch with Reagan on my lap. Except, she only had eyes for Brandon! While he was on the phone, she practically dove off my lap in an attempt to catch his attention and send a smile his way!

4 comments:

  1. How sweet! Nothing like watching your man love on a baby. I melt every time I see my husband with my daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious!! Such a sweet little baby and she is so well behaved for that young! And I hope that the big move goes well- keep us updated! :-)

    xoxo A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an awesome time!
    Love and hugs your way,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are naturals. Regan is so adorable and I can't believe how much she has grown in 3 months! Maybe she should give Henry some lessons?

    ReplyDelete