Wednesday, September 3, 2014

When Friends Become Family

Sometimes words just don't do justice.


I wish I could put into words how much I love this family. How much they truly have become family. How hard we manage to laugh together, and how edifying conversation with them is.

Because why not wear an Elsa dress to do dishes in (and play and sleep, etc.)?

But this time, words just aren't enough.

Working on Paisley's quilt!


Instead you'll have to imagine how great it is to wake up to coffee hour on the deck that can last hours, the delicious smells wafting from a true Italian kitchen, the warmth of hugs and snuggles from the little ones, and the beauty of realizing that even after 4 days of non-stop talking, you still didn't have enough time together.

If she's this cute in pictures, you can only imagine how sweet she is in real life! (unless you sit next to her at the table....)


Words can't accurately describe how hard this family fights for their littlest, how fiercely they love, and how passionate they can become :)

And words can't adequately express my thanks for their friendship - for the mentors Allen and Kathleen have been to Brandon and myself, for their hospitality, and for their generosity.

My first crab experience! (yes we ate like this every night!)

Brandon and the boys were heartbroken that he couldn't come along this time - so he sent a paper airplane book in his place and I returned home with numerous notes and planes for him and under solemn vow that I would bring him with me next time.

But the great thing about having friends like these is that sometimes you don't need words to convey feelings - you just know, you get each other. And if push comes to shove a real Italian hug will remind you that you're loved for life.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so I'm getting weepy here! So many great memories...weekends with you are the best. I really cannot think of anyone else so close as my family I can talk to them for four days about so many things. So happy to have you as part of our family! Love and miss you so much!

    p.s. Can't wait for your next visit...although, you'd better bring Brandon or the boys may not let you stay ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sort of friends are definitely a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speechless... Ok I know hard to believe. Loving you tonight!

    ReplyDelete