Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Crafting: Card Display

I LOVE Christmas cards! Let's face it, snail mail is rarely exciting anymore, and I love that the holidays bring an influx of "fun" mail and greetings from friends and family.

Brandon and I sent out postcard Christmas cards this year rocking a wedding picture and this more recent picture taken last month in Florida.



Since we don't have that many Christmas decorations (being our first married Christmas and the fact that we have no where to store off-season items in our current living situation), I knew that I wanted to find a way to display our Christmas cards as they arrived. 

As always, Pinterest is full of inspiration. Here were some of my favorites:




I decided to go with the third option because (1) our kitchen is open to the living room and provides a great display opportunity, and (2) our kitchen cabinets are hideous - and anything I can possibly do to distract away from their 80s decor is a pleasant relief!








This was an incredibly simple project. I used a measuring tape to estimate the amount of ribbon I would need (this will vary depending on the size of your cabinets), and bought 2 spools of ribbon (on sale + a 30% off coupon) and some clothespins from Joannes. 




To add a little more festiveness I decided to modge podge some Christmas wrapping paper onto the clothespins. 




How do you display your Christmas cards?


2 comments:

  1. That turned out really cool! I would always just tape ours around the doorway/entrance to our living room--never managed to get any more creative than that, I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a creative, festive idea! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete