Monday, May 23, 2016

Beckett James - 5 Months


FIVE months.


How can my baby be this old already? Next thing I know he will be 6 months, and then a year, and then starting kindergarten.....


I am loving this stage of parenting. Beckett is incredibly interactive, and yet almost entirely immobile! Hah! I can only imagine how my lie is going to change once he is on the move!


Currently our little man:

  • Rocks sleeping through the night (with a dream feed) 
  • Rolls, rolls, rolls -I say he is mostly immobile because I'm really impressed with the distance he can cover by just rolling around!
  • Talks from morning to night - babbles, coos, giggles, and said "ma" the other day incredibly clearly which I am of course claiming as a derivative of "mama" and his first word
  • Constantly smiles! Brandon calls him "Mr.Smiles" be cause of the ever constant grin he tends to wear - except when he is in large crowds, wants to eat, or hears a train
  • Is long and chunky. He is in the 99th percentile for his height and was in the 75th for his weight at his last doctors appointment, but given the rolls his thighs have event,y developed I'm guessing that might be increased this month
  • Loves books, music, and walks - which are some of Brandon and my favorite things so we are all on board! 
  • Is fascinated with watching Brandon iron and me dry my hair
  • Is on the verge of teething and consequently drooling buckets each day
It's been fun to think back on last year at this time when we were sharing our news with family and friends! I truly could have never imagined how much joy this little one would bring to our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment