Anne recently posed a question that got me thinking:
“What is saving your life right now?”
What a great question for February. November I can handle because there is Thanksgiving and we are getting ready for the holiday season and we might still get a few days of fall. December I can handle because I love Christmas and Christmas decorations. Even January I can handle because I like jumping back into a routine/schedule after the holidays. And then February and March hit…..
So here’s my list:
1. My Faith: With the current politician climate and subsequent protests, rants on social media, and depressing news stories, my faith has truly been my saving grace over the last several months. God provided Brandon and I with a deep desire to seek him and relinquish our fears before the election and that has been an incredible blessing. For the first time in my life I really feel like I have an unquenchable desire to live for God – and I love it!
2. Brandon: Every day this man of mine amazes me. He works so hard for our family and is always looking for ways he can help or encourage me. We’ve had 2 close friends come to us this month with news that their marriages were really struggling, and I am so thankful for the strength of our relationship.
3. Beckett’s Smiles and Belly Laughs: Oh Beckett. I love our little toddler who is filled with SO much energy and curiosity. God is teaching me so much about patience through him. But no matter what kind of day we are having, when Beckett lets out a smile and giggle it melts my heart – every. single. time.
4. Sea Salt Chocolate Chip: My daily vice. Almost every day during Beckett’s afternoon nap I sit down to a sea salt chocolate chip cookie. I make a batch every couple of weeks and then put them in the freezer (because I like them either hot out of the oven or frozen). Brandon doesn’t really eat sweets so I will literally eat the entire batch on my own. They’re delicious.
5. IF: Gathering Leadership Team: Back in the fall I was asked to be a part of our church’s leadership team for the IF: Gathering. Being a stay-at-home mom is great, but as the gathering approaches, I’ve found that I also love having some more intellectual projects to work through. The group of ladies on the committee are wonderful and it has been such an encouraging and stimulating thing to be a part of. (Also the conference is going to be amazing and you should absolutely go – look here to find a site near you!)
6. Lindsay: Lindsay is my neighbor who became a stay-at-home-mom around the same time I did and has 2 little boys. Lindsay is truly a gift from God. When the post-nap pre-dinner witching hour hits our house we head over to Lindsay’s (or vice versa). And watching our little guys form friendships already is pretty much the cutest thing ever.
7. Our Church Community: Living away from family is hard. I am so thankful we have found a church that we love and a community that supports us in so many ways. The friends we’ve made, the bible studies and mom’s group we’re a part of, the teaching we are receiving is all so rejuvenating and life giving.
8. Athleta Leggings: I bought a pair of leggings from Athleta at the advice of my sister-in-law last year (I was mourning the loss of my favorite maternity leggings) and have lived in them ever since. No joke. I’m pretty sure I wear them 4-5x a week without shame – they are that comfortable.
9. Facetime: Like I mentioned before, living away from family is hard. But facetime makes it SO much easier! I’m extremely close to my mom, and Beckett and I probably facetime with her 5-6x a week. Even if it’s just for a few minutes I love that she and my dad can see Beck (and vice versa) and check out his new skills. I have such a love/hate relationship with technology…
10. Podcasts: Like I said, one of my new favorite discoveries of this last year. When Beckett is napping and I’m doing chores around the house or working out I love listening to something. I used to love listening to a morning radio show on the way to work – and podcasts are like the best of that – talk without the music breaks (because I get sick of the same songs over and over again), on a topic of your choice, on demand.
So there you go! Ten things that are saving my life right now – what about you?