Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Summertime in Minnesota




I have attempted to update this little space many times in the last few months – only resulting in about a dozen awkward started-but-never-finished drafts. I’m not sure if its been a question of whether or not I really want to keep writing, or just setting aside time. Regardless, Amy’s update finally inspired me to jump back in, because at the very least I like looking back on this record of memories and journal of life’s little moments.


Because that’s really what life is right now – a lot of little moments. Beckett turned 18-months a couple of weeks ago and I am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that my baby is quickly becoming a little boy. At the same time I love watching him grow up. It is so fun to watch him figure out a situation or master a new skill. And about 90% of the time he is really a delight to be around. He loves to smile and laugh, be outside, read books, and listen to/make music.


I think our summer is going to end up pretty front-loaded. We started out with a busy bang – a week in Michigan visiting family, volunteering at our church VBS (well I volunteered while Beck had the full attention of 3 teenage girls who fiercely spoiled him), and a visit from 11 ofour favorite east-coasters (which really deserves a post of its own). Add a few date nights, playdates, and library story hours (which combine 3 of Beckett’s very favorite things – books, music, and BUBBLES), and the month flew by.


Right now July looks like a lot of walks around the neighborhood, happy hours on the porch, and time in the pool, which sounds perfect to me!


Photo credit goes to Susan Schmidt who took these when we were out visiting Maryland this spring - if you live in or near the DC area we highly recommend her!

No comments:

Post a Comment